How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** Taperino. I'm trying to get an answer

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Taperino. I'm trying to get an answer for my son. He pays $975 per month rent. If he is late at all, he must pay $1400.00 for that month via certified check. $425.00 late fee sound exhorbitant to me, yet the judge upholds it for this apartment complex. He has explained he gets paid every other week, and can sometimes be a couple of days late. Is there a maximum a landlord can charge for one month's late fee?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What would you like me to provide? If there is a maximum late fee to be charged, at those times he cannot pay timely due to his payroll schedule, I would like to help him be more knowledgeable.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, can you please let me know what Province you are referring to as each Province has different legislation regarding residential tenancy.


Related Canada Law Questions