How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Copperlaw Your Own Question
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2019
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Copperlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was on WCB period of time he was attacked at work by

Customer Question

My son was on WCB for a period of time he was attacked at work by a cougar. WCB has now cut him off but he has been disfigured as the plastic surgery did not completely put him back to normal. Does he have any options for recourse I think he should be compensated for his disfigurement but i am told WCB cannot be taken to court or challenged for that matter.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, I am sorry to hear what your son has gone through.

WCB deals with loss of employment income only, under specific circumstances. They are not responsible to compensate him for his disfigurement as they cover employment income only.

If your son was injured at the workplace, he would seek to be compensated by the employer for any loss of income not covered by WCB and for any additional damages such as out of pocket expenses, pain and suffering, long term or future care needs, permanent loss of use or reduced function of body parts or permanent scarring or disfigurement as well as punitive damages if the employer is found to be negligent in any way.

He should be consulting a lawyer about filing a civil action against the employer.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help with at all.


Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you require anything further or if we can close this question.

Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating.