How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100505
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a vehicle accident (my fault) in 2008 and I am paying

Customer Question

I had a vehicle accident (my fault) in 2008 and I am paying to the Motor Vehicle $30,000.00 now the people I had the accident are trying to sue me again for $150,000 what do I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I need more of the basic facts.

First, what is your insurance company say?

Second, why would they be suing at such a late date?

Did you have them sign a release when you're settled?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No insurance!
Two sued for 30,000!
Now third person suing for 150,000!!!
Not sure if lawyer got them too!
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

It's likely too late to sue. They have to sue you within two years of having discovered the claim. It's hard to see how so many years later they can now say they discovered the claim for the first time.

I suggest you take this claim to a personal injury lawyer to get some face-to-face advice from a lawyer who can read the claim and hear all of the facts. There are strict time limits so you have to do this right away.

Related Canada Law Questions