How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101406
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

, yes
, I have a criminal record years, starting

Customer Question

Customer: hello
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I have a criminal record for 10 years , starting date was August 21, 2014. Also, I have to pay a restitution. If I don't pay off the restitution, the criminal record would be expunged within 10 years? I have no problem in waiting and paying the charges
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking about getting a record suspension if you haven't paid your restitution?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I need to know that the 10 years term starts from the date of conviction NOT from the date of restitution paid in full
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

The clock starts counting as of the date of the conviction but you cannot get a record suspension if you have not made restitution.