How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My six year old grandson lives with s maternal grandparents

Customer Question

My six year old grandson lives with his maternal grandparents and mum in Montreal.
How do I get custody of him full time since us as his paternal grandparents are paying and supporting all his school need? He is now in grade one, but the school reports show that he is out of control.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I have several quetions.

Where is your son?

How long have these grandparents had custody?

Do you have access to the child? Does your son?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son is in Nunavut and is single. He does visit his son but doesn't want for some reason to have custody because of his financial situation.Since he was born he has been living with this maternal grandparents and his mum. He was allowed to visit before but since he moved schools , we can't even call him .
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking about access or custody?

Why won't the mother let you have access?

Why don't you see the child when the child is with your son?

How do you know what the school reports say?

Related Canada Law Questions