How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100484
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

, i got caught by CBSA yesterday goods
, I know i

Customer Question

Customer: hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i got caught by CBSA yesterday for undeclared goods
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I know i will be searched each time through the border but if i have a bad record for my immigration status
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you get my question
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

Were you charged with anything or just asked to pay the fine at the border?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was charged with tax and penalty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have waited for a long time, i don't why the estimated answer time is 8 mins
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry. I'm a single parent and it is nighttime. I cannot work without stop but I'm doing my best.

This will not likely impact your ability to immigrate to Canada. This is more like a ticket. In this case you simply had to pay a penalty for not declaring and pay the appropriate tax.

While you will be red flagged in the future you will not have a criminal record and so this will not impact your ability to immigrate to Canada.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Why did you close the post. Do you feel it is fair that I should work for free?

You needed the answer and got it and then after that you closed the question?

Please be fair as I am sure you don't want to work for free.

Related Canada Law Questions