Can a Canadian resident import some gold bars from Ghana to

Customer Question
canada...
Can a Canadian resident import some gold bars from Ghana to canada
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
12/17/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

Do you have the gold or is someone asking if they can send it to you?

Where are you right now? In Canada or Ghana?

Is in Ghana ready to ship I came back to Canada to make arrangements but forgot to see if I can do this and thought easy way for answer was you have all papers in Ghana complete
Just need yes or no answer Have picked up gold and had it tested

Yes. You can import gold into Canada.

You should be clear to declare it so there's no confusion about what you were bringing in.

Who I have to be a dealer or work with a dealer is that right
You think a dealer would work with me for a fee

I don't know anything about what a dealer would charge to assist you.

But, what I know is a you better be very careful and make sure that whoever you are going to work with has references that you check out.

Ok think you helped me will check further here

I'm glad I was able to help.

Take care.

Debra, Lawyer