How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just learned that the consumer protection act was being

Customer Question

I just learned that the consumer protection act was being revised. I want to request the authority drawing up the changes to take into consideration the difficulties of the condo owners who abide by all the rules and still get no just treatment when the owner complains about damage to their property because of defects in the maintenance of equipment for which the management is responsible. They admit that the damage was a result of faulty maintainance but cite the old rules of the CPA which do not give the victims any chance of getting redress. I have tried to complain/negotiate to no purpose. I therefore request that those in charge of amending the old rules bear this aspect in mind.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening Doctor Rao

Are you wanting to know who to contact to make your concerns known for consideration?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

Dr Rao, please let me know if you are referring to Federal or Provincial legislation and if you are referring to Provincial legislation, which Province are you inquiring about?