How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99979
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i charge a girl me she had IUD put in but really never

Customer Question

Customer: can i charge a girl for telling me she had IUD put in but really never had one put in so i get her pregnant? now she is pregnant and there was never IUD put in
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she told me she was gettign IUD then told me it was put in for last few motnhs i believed it was in according to her today we went for ultrasound doctor said there is zero sign of iud but there is early pregnancy
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear this.

But is not likely the case that the police will consider this to be a criminal matter. You can speak to them and ask them but it is likely they will say this is a civil matter.

You can consider suing her. She misrepresented a serious situation that will end up causing you life altering consequences for your entire life.

I suggested that as a next step once a child is born you consult with a lawyer face-to-face with a view to retaining the lawyer to commence a lawsuit. You should think now but whatever relationship you would like with the child because you will be able to have all the rights of any biological parent. At the same time, I'm sure you know, you will be required to pay the mother child support if the child is living with the mother.

Related Canada Law Questions