How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101462
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently live in a government of BC term care facility

Customer Question

I currently live in a government of BC long term care facility and I am in conflict with one of the care aide. The facility is broken up into cottages of 15 people. I am worried they are going to force me out of my room and into annother cottage. Can they force me to move against my will. what rights do I have. Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation. There is a patients Bill of Rights that can be found here:

But unfortunately, there is nothing specific in that bill of rights to give you the right to refuse to be moved to another unit.

I suggest that you speak to someone in a supervisory capacity and explain that your rights including your right to dignity, you're right to make decisions for yourself, your right to be protected and respected etc. are not being protected and respected by this aide and that you need help in resolving this issue so that you can live peacefully in your home. If necessary you can make it clear that you will speak to a lawyer if necessary.