How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

About my mortgage of vehicle. Cant continue the payment not

Customer Question

About my mortgage of vehicle. Cant continue the payment not because i cant afford it no more but because there is a possibility that immigration will order me to leave canada
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Why can't you continue to pay until you find out whether you are going to have to leave or not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im assuming the negative now because of the stress. I want to be prepared for everything before the final decision comes!
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Do you know if the financing is considered to be a conditional sales agreement? If you do not know please get out the documents and see what the document is called.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a fixed rate conditional sales contract
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

As this is a conditional sales contract if you return the car to them and they agree to take it back they cannot sue you for the difference. So if you find out that you have to leave Canada you can tell them that you are leaving and that they can take the car back and hopefully they will agree to do so.

Related Canada Law Questions