I am looking ex. He owes me over 5000.00. He has skipped

Customer Question
I am looking for my...
I am looking for my ex. He owes me over 5000.00. He has skipped town and changed his phone number. I have no idea where he is. I am thinking of starting a facebook page called: Help Sarah Find Ethan, with a photo of him on the front asking people to give me his contact info if they know where he is. I really don't know what other course of action I can take as he is not responding to my E-mail, changed phones, and his mother isn't returning my calls either. I have no idea where he is and I don't want to go chasing around Victoria BC looking for him. A detective is too expensive and my time to serve my court documents is running out. Can I get sued for giving people the hard facts and asking them to help me find him on facebook? The picture of him on the page will have been from a photo I took myself, and was given permission by him to use in other capacities. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Law
12/13/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Debra, Lawyer

You plan on telling the truth don't you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The whole truth and nothing but.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is a PDF of the written info on the claim.

I cannot review documents but the bot***** *****ne is that so long as you are not lying about him in any way then this is not defamation.

A claim is not confidential.

And the truth is never grounds for defamation. In fact the truth is a complete defence to a claim of defamation.

So there is nothing he can do to you if he is not happy with the posting and if he wants to come after you that is one way to find him.

But also you should know that to retain a private investigator just to find a current address is not usually expensive at all so you should check about that before just dismissing the idea.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Most importantly I am wondering if using an actual photo of him will get me in trouble?

So long as you took the photo or whomever took it gave you permission to use it then you are OK.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. He didn't give me permission to use it in this capacity. He only gave me permission to send it to family members etc.

Did he take the photo?

Do you have one you took?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I took the photo. However it was a casual thing. I don't have a written document from him expressly stating I could use it later in a facebook campaign. If you know what I mean. There's no solid evidence I took the photo.

He doesn't have to give you permission to use it. So long as you took it then he cannot stop you from using it.

I don't think you should be worried about proving who took it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. thanks so much for your help!

You are very welcome. I am sorry this is happening to you. I sure hope it works out.

Take good care.

Debra, Lawyer