How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sold a piece of property a few yrs back, story short,

Customer Question

Hi, I sold a piece of property a few yrs back, long story short, their access was cut off to them after they put their house up, maybe two yrs? They got another lawyer and started a class action law suit. They sued their neighbours and lost, they sued their lawyer and won, how much i don't know, then they came after me. I could no longer go back on my lawyer for two reasons, one he had been practicing with alzheimers, but told no one and two the statute of limitations was up. so i hired another lawyer that allowed me to sign a contract that was definitely not in my best interest. I had to allow the people to have access over my farm, and they put a culvert in that has been nothing but issues, collapsed, washes out, was installed incorrectly. When I brought this up the other party brought another law suit to stop me from removing said unsafe culvert. (I have livestock that has to use this culvert for crossing, which is a hazard to anyone that has to cross it). I had to hire a third lawyer, I had to hire an engineer to prove i was correct that the culvert had collapsed in the centre and the integrity of it was compromised. It has now been over a year, I was paid out $15,000.00 in fees and the culvert is still there, still a hazard. I am a little frustrated to say the least. I have moved because i no longer feel safe at my farm. They other party has threatened me, a man they hired to check their property physically and verbally threatened me, my dog was poisoned, and they continue to have other people check up on me. I am at a total loss, the police say it is my word against theirs. The fact that i have to keep hiring lawyers and stay in an unsafe position and pay literally thousands and thousands of dollars that i do not have. I really need to know what my options are? and maybe be referred to a lawyer that will understand the injustice. I need help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to heart this. What is your specific question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to cancel this on my visa, I need a professional, this is a serious issue for me, and the fact that you have a spelling mistake makes me uncomfortable. So this is unacceptable to me. I would like to cancel this transaction now and I will not be needing your companies services any longer. Thank You, ***** *****
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am a senior practicing lawyer. I'm not a typist. And in fact, I dictate when I need to reply on my iPhone I cannot access my laptop and that's what happened here. If you wish to cancel please contact customer service as I don't work the site.

Related Canada Law Questions