How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99978
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an employer in the US, I have a contract with a

Customer Question

I am an employer in the US, I have a contract with a canadian based company to perform work in canada. I need to get 10 trained lead technicians into canada. Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

By help, what do you mean?

I can explain the law but I cannot act as your lawyer. I can assist you in finding a lawyer though. Let me know what you would like.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a lawyer to help with the process and correct forms required to get my technicians
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you explain the process and what new forms are required??
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

How long will they be in Canada for it?

Just to confirm, they are your employees and will be paid by you and not your client in Canada correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they will be there 3 weeks, they will be paid by my us based company
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there??
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay. I had an unexpected interruption.

Because the are coming for a short time and because you are paying them they are not entering the Canadian workforce.

This means that they are not required to have work permits. Rather, they are entering as business visitors and as such do not require a work permit.

You should make sure that they have appropriate documentation to prove that they are working for a US employer who is coming into Canada to assist a Canadian client.

Here's a link to the information from the government website that explains this:

Related Canada Law Questions