Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have had a restraining order issued against me and am due

Customer Question

Customer: Hello. I have had a restraining order issued against me and am due to travel to the US next year. Is there any problems with that?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The restraining order is for minor assault - I grabbed his collar - and uttering threats - I said It's not over and left. Very brief altercation - 2 to 3 minutes. I have a vacation scheduled in Jan so want to know if there is anything to worry about?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for requesting me.

Are you asking about being able to leave Canada or about being permitted to enter the US?

I can only answer about Canada.