How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 20 months into a 36 mo contract w/major financial

Customer Question

I am 20 months into a 36 mo contract w/major financial institute who also moved me to another province for the current job. I have worked 6 years in total for this company. What could I expect for financial reimbursements/obligations due the company should I decide to leave? I don't see anything specific referenced in the actual contract.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Does the contract allow for early termination?

Does it talk about relocation fees?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it does not discuss/allow early termination. No, it does not reference relocation fees as an expense to the employee. I am aware of the cost of relocation as I submitted the expense claim forms. I am in banking, each of our roles have an expected "time on job" aka contract before seeking promotion for the next level or role. I have recently been allowed to apply for other roles.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

But would you be able to do that if you terminate your fixed term contract early?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Within the company there would be no issue. I am considering leaving the company hence the concern.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** the class action lawyers who they would recommend. I'd would feel best if my actual contract were reviewed and/or the legal advice is based on experience with big banks.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes. You are correct. You need a lawyer to review the contract and actual legal advice as opposed to general legal information.

Related Canada Law Questions