How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100373
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am canadian citizen born in canada seeking help mom

Customer Question

Hi There.
I am canadian citizen born in canada seeking help for my mom (living in India) as she came in Canada in 1989 but some family problems, my parents went back to india in 1991 and never came back. My father passed away in 2010 and i want to bring my mom here. i applied super visa in 2014 but it was rejected as :
"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
Your history of having contravened the conditions of admission on a previous stay in Canada.
Your travel history."
Please help me and assist me in the right direction as i am her only child and living
in Canada.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Did she come to Canada on a visit and overstay?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ya she did in 1989.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

This is a very difficult situation and, unfortunately you may not succeed in being able to bring your mother over on a super visa. Because she overstayed Canada immigration believes that she may do so again and she may not enter Canada if there's any doubt about her leaving after her visit over.

The only way you can possibly succeed is by showing new evidence that will support her clear need to return home. So if she had other family at home that would be one idea If she had a job at home that would also be another. But if she cannot prove that she absolutely will leave at the end of her visit she is not going to be a visa because she is already essentially committed an offence once already.

It is likely best that you consult with an immigration lawyer face-to-face and retain this lawyer to assist you. The lawyer will be able to put your case for it in the best possible light.

Related Canada Law Questions