How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Copperlaw Your Own Question
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2018
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Copperlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If your proven not gulity can you sue imprisoment and lease

Customer Question

if your proven not gulity can you sue for false imprisoment and lease for loss of wages
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, I would be happy to assist you.

Many people who are charged are found not guilty at trial. Unless there was some clear negligence in the investigation or evidence of malicious prosecution, there is no recourse for an individual to be compensated for their loss of freedom or for lost wages etc.

There have been cases where people have been wrongfully convicted and they have been compensated after many years of imprisonment by the government, however this is rare.

Please let me know if you require anything further as I am happy to continue chatting.

Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating.


Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I see that you were back in and viewed my response however I do not see a reply from you.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with the information I have provided or if you require anything further.


Related Canada Law Questions