How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Copperlaw Your Own Question
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2018
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Copperlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Police had warrent property did a search found nothing of

Customer Question

police had warrent for stolen property did a search found nothing of what warrent was for. but found a old firearm on property . im weapon prohib and are now charging me with possesion of unauthorised firearm and charge cause im prohib . i have my girlfriend who lives with me , she said they are hers . police say ,we know there not
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, I'd be happy to assist you.

As long as they were searching for the items listed, in places in which such items could reasonably be expected to be located, then anything else they come across is fair game.

Are they charging you and your girlfriend or just you? If they charge you alone, then your girlfriend can testify that this is hers and if believed, then you would not be found guilty. Further, she could not be prosecuted based upon her testimony.

I look forward to hearing back from you so that I may ensure that you get all of the information you require.


Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I see that you were back in and viewed my response however I do not see a reply from you.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with the information I have provided or if you require anything further.


Related Canada Law Questions