Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have just been given a contract to sign that has things in

Customer Question

I have just been given a contract to sign for work that has things in it that I don't agree with, was told I had to sign it by Dec 20th 2015 or else I could be out of a job.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear that.

How long have you worked there for?

Are you in a union ?

What is your specific question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is not a union, can I write on the contract that it is signed under duress? I have worked there for one year but have been a dental assistant for 18 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they want to start an averaging agreement as I only work 4 days a week and often work overtime after 8 hours but not working 40, they want to not pay any severance if they fire you with no notice. they want to have my pay them 6 months wages if they feel that I left and started a new job and solicited patients
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that they want you to agree that even if you were dismissed without just cause you would not get any termination pay?