How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CanLaw Your Own Question
CanLaw, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 25
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
CanLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I upgrade my driving license in canada ..can i bring my

Customer Question

can I upgrade my driving license in canada ..can i bring my lebanese driving license and the international driving one to canada ,and get the canadian driving one.........
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  CanLaw replied 1 year ago.

What province are you moving to?

You may be able to exchange your current Lebanese driving licence for a provincial driving licence. The type of driving licence that you can get depends on how much driving experience you have and if the county has a reciprocal agreement with the province that you are moving to.

I've attached the website that details which countries have reciprocal agreements with Canada.

If your country is not on the attached list, then you must present official written confirmation of your driving experience from your country.

Expert:  CanLaw replied 1 year ago.

The letter must be an original letter from the original licensing agency (such as the ministry of transportation in your country or state), or from the Embassy, Consulate, or High Commissioner's offices representing the country.

The letter must be:

  • Written on official letterhead
  • Written in English or French - If it is written in another language, you must submit a letter of translation from a qualified translator.
  • Dated - It cannot be more than 6 months old.

This letter must include information about:

  • The date first licensed
  • Licence expiry date
  • Class of licence
  • That the licence was valid for the relevant period of time for the purposes of exchange and experience

I hope that answers your question

Expert:  CanLaw replied 1 year ago.

Please provide me with a positive rating if my answer was of assistance.

Thank you