How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100036
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sponsorship? of a friend in BC

Customer Question

sponsorship? of a friend in BC
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have known this person for 10 years, a american lady who would love to live in Canada she was in the american army for 6 years
and would love to live in a country that is more peacefull,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my phone # *****(###) ###-####
Thank you in advance for your time and courtesy
I am Claudette Quinn
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I cannot speak to you on the telephone. The rules of my law society prohibit me from doing that because you are not my client.

If you would still like to go ahead let me know.

At the same time then please also let me know if your friend is a skilled worker.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is skilled in many things but do not have a degree but learns fast has no certifications, good at problem solving she is mechanicaly incline
what do I have to do to help her live here and work legally ,
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Has she had work experience in some specific area where she has developed some expertise?

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

The site shows this question is now closed. Can you please explain why?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she was a matcutter in a art galery and was a arabic translator for the american army , she was a stable hand taking care of horses
has done landscaping, and has been a security gard. that I know
I hope you can help me she is here for the holidays as of tomorow
thank you in advance I am Claudette Quinn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has a drgree in graphic desing
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

These skills are not going to give her what she needs to immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker.

It may be that her best approach would be to try to find a job offer in an area where it is hard for employers to find Canadians to fill the job.

Then, if she's able to get a temporary work permit and works in Canada for several years she then may be able to apply for permanent residency status.

While she's visiting it may be that she should consult with an immigration lawyer face-to-face.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are there immigration lawer on Vancouver islan? and how can i get in touch with one
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.

The number is:

***-***-**** or 1.***-***-****.

Related Canada Law Questions