Father over served in bar and fell .now in hospital with…

Customer Question
Father over served in bar...
Father over served in bar and fell .now in hospital with broken wrist,broken bones in face ,head trauma ? Where do i stand . Did he fall orcwas he assulted
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
12/1/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

Are you saying that the bar serveD your father too much alcohol this is why he fell?

Do you have proof of this?

Are you saying the bartender could see how drunk he was?

Hospital said he was well over limit when he arrived by ambulance. I know nothing at this point but that .he is not a big drinker i got rcmp involved now

What are the RCMP saying?

Rcmp know nothing of the in insident .are going to ask around tomorrow

I understand.

I cannot say whether this is considered to be an assault but what I can tell you is that if the bar was negligent and gave your father too much to drink and he was injured then the bar will be liable to pay him for any damages he incurred.

It's the same thing is letting someone drive home drunk. If gave them too much to drink and they drive home and are in an accident my the bar is liable so and this is the same situation here.

It would make sense for your father to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible and the lawyer will likely send the bar a demand letter demanding compensation and threatening a lawsuit.

I'm terribly sorry this happened to your poor father.