How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101395
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed as seller to sell my property but my completion is

Customer Question

I signed as seller to sell my property but my completion is in 2 months. Now I am not satisfied because loss the job & family issue can I break my contact?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that the closing is in two months and that now you want to change your mind?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, you don't have that right. Once you have accepted the offer the house is sold.

This is a final and binding contract.

You can try and make a deal with the buyer but the buyer does not have to accept.

If you don't close the buyer can sue you to enforce the contract and compel you to sell them the house.

I'm very sorry this is not the answer you were hoping for but I know you need the right answer of course.