How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99978
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If someone got verbal consent to be your power of attorney

Customer Question

HI, if someone got verbal consent to be your power of attorney and you did not want them to have it how do you revoke it. also they may have gained consent to film or record me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What province is this please?

When you say power of attorney what exactly do you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Province is Alberta
They stated there name an said can I have power of attorney over you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They also asked if they could record me
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

That doesn't make any sense. You cannot give someone power of attorney verbally. A power of attorney is a very, very significant legal appointment and can only be done when it's in writing and when there are witnesses.

You can tell the person that you do not give consent to be recorded. That would end the matter.

Related Canada Law Questions