How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100424
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have just found out my mother passed away in October we

Customer Question

I have just found out my mother passed away in October we have been estranged.What I would like to know is if she left a Will? I was told that she had a trustee of her estate and power of Attorney this person is Margo Bordelow. If there is no will what happens to her estate
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Did your mother have assets in her name alone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to find out if there is a will
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how to find this out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was this my answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you give me a reponse that helps or let me know you are looking
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay. I actually answered you earlier. But, what seems to happen is when a customer puts in more than one reply in a row without waiting for a response from the expert the experts response does not go up.

In fact, that happened a second time and now I have to provide my answer for a third time.

I am sorry for your loss and for your difficult situation.

If your mother had assets in her name alone then the will have to be probated. The will then becomes a matter of public record and anyone can get a copy of the will from the local courthouse.

If there is no will then if there is a spouse the spouse gets a portion of the estate and the rest of the estate is shared equally between any children.

Related Canada Law Questions