How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter foolishly arranged to mortgage her house with a

Customer Question

My daughter foolishly arranged to mortgage her house with a St. Leonard finance company that specializes in lending money at extortionist rates to financially ignorant people with a poor credit rating. She missed some payments, and what was a 1500$ debt mushroomed quickly with demands for fees and extra interest into a demand for 7500$. I need a lawyer knowledgeable in this field to determine if any of this can be legally challenged and possibly to hammer out a settlement.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I cannot act for you.

I can provide legal information or suggest how you can find a lawyer.

Let me know if that will help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I do not think it would be useful. Please terminate this inquiry.

Related Canada Law Questions