I have been treated unfairly by my coworkers last 5 years.

Customer Question
I have been treated unfairly...
I have been treated unfairly by my coworkers for the last 5 years. Most of them don't even speak to me or acknowledge me with a smile or a hello. The 4 or 5 people that I work closely with, holler in my face, swear at me, do not communicate with me, and that is require, just in general don't want anything to do with. I eat away from my coworkers I don't chit chat with everyone im pretty much a loner always was, but a certain few disrespect me by saying things like you don't need to know that or screaming at me when I ask a question and laughing in my face when I ask a question and me only me when I speak on the radio, which I have to do many times in a 12 hr shift, theres a certain someone that has been meowing for probably the last year and more, only after I speak, I don't say anything, but it is driving me nuts, im home right now cuz I left because my boss told me that people consider me a weak operator and he has a hard time getting people to come in for OT when its my crew cuz they don't want to work with me! I feel ive had enough, ther is no explanation for this type of treatment, I don't know what to do
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Law
11/21/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Debra, Lawyer

Are you in union?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, i waited this long for that 1 friggin question??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there right now?

I am here. But I'm not sure I want to continue with you.

First, I don't know why it took you so long to see the response but I responded in 35 minutes. I suspect something went wrong with your email. But you need to understand that I am a senior practicing lawyer. I do not work for the site. And if you're now upset with the site and I suspect you are because of thr terminology that you use, I need your assurance that you understand that my rating has to reflect me, my service and my answer and not your upset with the site. I'm not willing to risk my stats on the site nor end up working for free because you are upset with the site.

If you understand that and you wish for me to continue let me know and I will do so. If not I will opt out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
im sorry I already got charged 60 bucks for you to ask me if I was in a union, I was online for about 2hrs after I sent my message I need some advice please help me a haveno money savedup andi have to go back to work in 2days I know I am right I just need someone to back me!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will call lawyers hers in my hometown I guess, don't know, but I cant go back to work after my boss says he has a hard time getting people to come in on ot becauce im on that crew! I went in there to make a complaint about a man that was hollering in my face and swearing in my face and when I walked out I had been told by my boss that he has a hard time getting oeople to come in on my crew I asked him why , he had a very week explanation, please respond I need some advice

I'm very sorry to hear about what has been happening to you at work.

Your employer owes you a duty of care. The law is that your employer must provide you with a safe workplace. Safe does not just mean physically safe but it also means emotionally safe. This is not what is happening in your case. In fact, to the contrary you are being treated horribly, being harassed and bullied and your employer is allowing it to go on knowing that it is going on.

You should speak to a lawyer in your hometown and you should discuss the issue of constructive dismissal.

Essentially, if an employee is treated badly and cannot tolerate it anymore and must quit there are many times when that employee can sue the employer for wrongful dismissal just as if the employer dismissed the employee wrongly.

I don't know if you're willing to quit though. Unfortunately, there is no way to compel an employer to do the right and fair things and continue to work for the employer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will not quit! That is what they are truing trying to do obviously, please just tell me that I am being treated misfairly for no reason! I know I am and I don't have money for a lawer and thid is a big company but this has been going in since I started! I need some backing!!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I can find someone to back me I know I will win!! Its justnotright and I have to go back wed night no supervisorsors or day shiftpeople just me pretending all s well
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nd,,, they have no explanation why everyone treats me like garbage!!! No f**kin Fair!

I know you don't have money to retain a lawyer to sue.

But why don't you pay a lawyer a small fee to send a letter simply asserting your rights, demanding fair treatment and making your employer afraid you will sue so they start to take this very, very seriously?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That sounds like a good ideabut in the mean time Ihave to work with these people, im onantidepressants as of 2 months ago because of all this my dr already knows about it, do you really think that sending a letter demanding to betreated the way I am supposed to be, is gonnachangethings? It is my right to betreated fairly, why should I have to send aletter telling them to do that? This is a huge company im gonna have a hard timefighting by myself

If you cannot afford a lawyer you cannot pay a lawyer to fight for you. A letter is the best inexpensive approach.

Debra, Lawyer