How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99931
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sir i have a very important question from you and i need

Customer Question

Hi There,
Sir i have a very important question from you and i need very honest advise .
I am applying for Canadian work permit (got employer invitation).But there is one prob and fear in my mind i am from pakistan and lived last 5 years of my life in Australia ( in which 1.5 years was legal stay and about 3.5 years i overstayed my visa but i got never deported. when i left australia i was on bridiging visa which i got on refugee application. so basically i left australia with my consent and went through all immigration process and had valid visa to travel back to my country.) now for my canadian work permit application i have to tell them my travel history will this effect my immigration because of my overstay in australia ???
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

This may affect your ability to get a work permit because Canada Immigration may think you will overstay again.

But it is vital you tell the truth as not telling the truth is an offence.

And, it may work out so you should try and wait and see what happens.

Related Canada Law Questions