How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters father was ordered to pay half of all extra

Customer Question

my daughters father was ordered to pay half of all extra expenses. This was to include music and vocal lessons and any activity agreed upon in advance by him. So far he has not given me a dime for her music lessons. Recently my daughter had a music trip brought to my attention. As part of her arts and music class at school.Way too much for me to afford so, a statement of cost slip was sent to father . He told my daughter he could not afford it one week , then turned around and paid the deposit of 150. Knowing I can not fund this out of country trip myself, he then refused to pay anymore and his explanation was "He will not pay for both music and the trip, even though he agreed in advance as per court order. It is nothing but games with him. Uses my daughter to speak through , even after the children's lawyer added as stipulation that neither parent will discuss finances through the child. He has yet to obey any court order. I am tired of the games and once again our daughter gets hopes up and disappointed. We were asked by judge to communicate via email, however he just uses to insult me and my family. Never answering questions in regards ***** ***** daughter. If I text, same thing and he will text for hours! all insults. I keep it simple , this is coming up for Raquel are you able to contribute yes or no and if no why not. Court order states that he cannot unreasonably withhold his share. What is so hard about that, I don't know. He makes 43,000yr and I on Social assistance 12,000yr. Just getting on my feet and to be left with all this..just his controlling nature . Thinking contempt of court. However, seems the court always gives him leniency..
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello Lisa, thank you for the question.

That's a tough situation you're in, and several things come to mind.

I don't want to be obtuse, but what's your question please?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello Lisa, I haven't heard back from you. If you've found your information elsewhere, that's fine. Don't forget about your deposit to the site, you can ask for it back at any time.

Or you can reply and we'll discuss how to get your ex's extraordinary expense contribution enforced.


Related Canada Law Questions