Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I just received a letter that my EI is overpaid based on ROE

Customer Question

Hi I just received a letter that my EI is overpaid based on ROE submitted from my employer. Honestly I knew about my employment and I received money. I did false reporting. What should I do? Should I just leave this letter do not response? The only thing I can explain is that the salary payment was made 3 weeks after I worked and at the time of reporting, I didn;t receive money.
Is there possibility to wave the penalty lower than 50% for the first time?
Another question is, Can I change recent reporting that I already received money? I have a few claims that I didn't report my income.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Is this about the fact that you claim EI but were also receiving termination pay for a few weeks or longer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not understand what you meant by termination pay. Based on my employment status, I am not entitled to temrmination pay. I just received money while I did occasional job. What should I do? What should I write on this paper to return to Service canada? Is there possibility of reducing penalty/
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

The question is marked as closed. Do you want to continue?