How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100405
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a lawyer that can defend my rights, I sustained an

Customer Question

I need a lawyer that can defend my rights, I sustained an injury as a result of discrimination and reprisal at work can you help me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I cannot represent you. I can provide legal information and answer your questions if that helps.

I can also suggest ways on finding a lawyer if that is what you are asking for.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure go ahead
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

But I don't yet know what specific information you need or do you mean go ahead and explain how to find a lawyer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need advice on how to proceed after union refusal to grieve.
I am aware that I do need a lawyer, but which one please be specific
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

The law is that your union owes you a duty of fair representation. If a union does not represent an employee fairly that employee can file a complaint of unfair representation with the Labour Board.

You would need to retain a labour lawyer that is willing to go against a union.

What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.

You can contact the Law Society and use their LawyerReferral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and canconsult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-***-***-**** or(###) ###-####(within the GTA)

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

Related Canada Law Questions