How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Tina, Hope all is well with you. I have a question. I am in

Customer Question

Hi Tina,
Hope all is well with you. I have a question for you. I am in Short Term Disability. I had hypertensive crisis (mini heart-attack) at work at had to be rushed to the Hospital immediately. My work allows me 26 weeks of STD but I was unapproved due to not enough supporting docs. I have since provided all the visits to my doctor plus the visits to the cardiologist plus the recommendation by my doctor that its her medical opinion I NOT return to work until my cardiac condition is under control. I again suffered the same symptoms on the weekend and was at the emergency overnight.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Where do you live?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

OK because Tina is a lawyer in the US.

Has the cardiologist provided a written report that you have provided to the insurers and the employer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My doctor has but all the cardiologist gave me was a letter stating that I was seen by him for medical reasons.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

So you did provide a medical report to both the insurers and the employer and both are disregarding it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no they are saying there is not enough supporting docs as my question stated.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Can you get a report from the cardiologist?