How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is what's going on my boyfriend of 3 years who I live

Customer Question

Hi there this is what's going on my boyfriend of 3 years who I live with has failed to make the mortgage payments...and we have received a letter a couple days ago stating that he is being taken to court on the 25th because they are forclosing on our I was told by a friend that if I call the mortgage broker and tell them that I can take over the payments since we have been common law for 3 years and half is mine anyways that this will stop the forclosure and save our home...can i actually do this? My name isn't on the mortgage
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that your name is ***** ***** to the house but not on the mortgage?

What province is this please?

Related Canada Law Questions