How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I intendent to sub-lease a commercial retail space from the

Customer Question

I intendent to sub-lease a commercial retail space from the master lease holder. I gave the master lease holder 3 months security deposit. I did not move into the space and the master lease was canceled by the landlord. I want to sue to get my 3 months security deposit back.What would be my legal basis?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Why did you not move into the space?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because the franchisor did not complete the construction on time and the landlord canceled the master lease
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Does the landlord say this is your fault and so doesn't want to give you back the funds?

It is the middle of night where I am so I will have to answer you again in the morning.

Related Canada Law Questions