How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Dad died in 2006, and I am just finding out now that he

Customer Question

My Dad died in 2006, and I am just finding out now that he left everything to my StepMom, even though they were only married for the last 8 years of his life. He originally had his 3 daughters in his will, but now she is telling me he changed it to leave it all to her. Can I fight his will?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  nyclawyer replied 1 year ago.

You may contest the will but would need to show it was done under fraud, duress or without mental capacity. Often this is an involved proceeding and best handled through estate counsel locally who may seek to reach a settlement. Please let me know if that is fast and clear.

Related Canada Law Questions