How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100410
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A company of Canada call BitGold (GoldMoney Inc. (TSX-V:

Customer Question

Hello, a company of Canada call BitGold (GoldMoney Inc. (TSX-V: XAU)) have a debt with my company of 35.000 U$S in respect of commissions generated. ¿What should I do in these case?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

How long have they owed you the money for? Are you saying that amount they owe is a total of different smaller amounts that you are owed but did not receive commission for?

Where exactly are they located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A portion of the debt (5,000 U $ S) is the month of September, they had time until October 5 to pay me. The other part of the debt (30,000 U $ S) is in November, I had until yesterday to pay me date.Yes, the total debt of which I sold online marketing services. Its platform pays for each registered user. When pressed them to pay me tell me that my traffic being analyzed but give me reasons and not pay me.They are in Canada and their main office is in the street Adelaide & Peter St.Thank youI attach the file of evidence, that file I get it inside their own platform.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Have you ever received any money from them before?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they one month they pay me full commissions and on time. I have the proof of that payment. Nothing has change since that point.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

The streets are in Toronto. So I suggest that to your next step be to retain a lawyer in Toronto and have the lawyer send them a demand letter demanding that they pay you by a deadline that you see, that will be very short, and threatening a lawsuit.

It will be too expensive to retain a lawyer to sue but it will not be too expensive to retain a lawyer to send the letter.

If the commissions are for different sales you could sue in small claims court and you could either self-represent or hire a paralegal to act for you since you are not in Toronto and they will charge a fraction of the price of a lawyer. But, you should have a lawyer send the first letter.

Related Canada Law Questions