How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99963
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am mentally ill and my exhusband brought to my attention

Customer Question

I am mentally ill and my exhusband brought to my attention that i should have a representative. I live on my own now. But i have changed my mind about the agreement as i feel it gives my ex husband to much power over my person. I want to invalidate it. He had 2 witnesses not family members sign , my son and me and himself. Please help me asi feel my personlal rights will be compromised as we no longer get alon and may not get along any bettr in the future.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

If you were not mentally competent when you signed it then it will not be valid.

If you are valid mentally competent now you can recind the agreement

I suggest that your best approach is to consult with a lawyer face-to-face and have the lawyer send a letter to all the parties indicating that you have revoked this agreement and will be so pointing whomever you wish to act on your behalf should you not be comoetebt and it is not going to be your ex-husband.

Related Canada Law Questions