How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I are moving in with my daughter and her

Customer Question

My husband and I are moving in with my daughter and her husband.
Legal implications?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what you are asking about. When you say any legal implications what are you concerned about?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are planing to sell our house to move to my daughters home, in separate living quarters.
Don't pay rent, but make changes to the house to fit our needs.
Any way we can protected our investment if case
-my daughter gets divorced
-dyes in an accident
We are not paying rent, just pay our share of utilities.
How are my possessions protected insurance wise?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What investment do you mean? Do you mean you are making some renovations to the house?

And if so what will this cost you and what would fair market value rent be for your living quarters?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We decided to make an appointment with a local lawyer, thank you.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.


I hope it works out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never got an answer to my question but you still charged me $ 5, to which I agreed, and then another $ 47.
What for???

Related Canada Law Questions