How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99956
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have just purchased a 97 acre property in Northern

Customer Question

I have just purchased a 97 acre property in Northern Ontario, Canada and Ontario Power Generation have a registered easement on a 3/4 mile road on my property to access their DAM. I would like to know if I am entitled to any compensation and can anything be negotiated with them.
Marc Ayotte
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You are not entitled to any compensation unless there is some agreement in place that gives any owner of the land some compensation right.

There is nothing to negotiate because they already have this register easement on title so it's already their right and they would have no reason to negotiate with you.

I'm sorry about that.

Related Canada Law Questions