How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a new will to replace one made in 1997. I am 79 yrs.

Customer Question

I need a new will to replace one made in 1997. I am 79 yrs. old, live alone. I own no real estate, stocks/bonds, etc. Only assets are bank accounts, a small insurance policy and contents of my rented apt. Do I need a lawyer for this or can I draw up my own will and have it authenticated by a notary?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

I see that you're in Alberta, thank you for that detail.

You quote $800, how did you come by that figure?

Related Canada Law Questions