How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100373
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am renting a gh end home in South Surrey - since April

Customer Question

I am renting a high end home in South Surrey - since April 2015 and it is fixed 1 year lease. When I moved in a discovered a state of neglect both inside the house and in the yard.
The owners are in China and I am dealing with the property rental agency and they do not seem to understand how serious this problem is and keep sending non-professional service people .
I have had 12 different and serious problems at this house the most recent event is a rodent infestation in the house - the rodents are in the walls and ceilings and there are droppings and urine in the kitchen, dining room, laundry, loft and tv room.
I have spoken to the Gov RTO and they say I can take this to dispute - I am a MD and have a very repsonsible and heavy work schedule - I need legal reprsentation.
I look forward to hearing from you
Michelle Gerber (###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

There is no one on the site they can actually act for you. We can only provide legal information but if it will help let me know if you like for me to suggest a couple good ways of finding a lawyer to act for you in BC.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
give me some names in surrey , B.C>
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

We cannot provide names but what you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.

You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.

The number is:
(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

I hope that helps as a starting point.

Related Canada Law Questions