How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100005
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What cand I do a lager company that I used to work

Customer Question

What cand I do a lager company that I used to work for is slandering my name and my busiess is starting to loss a lot of customers. they are saying I use used filters which are not true
Do I Call the Water Canada again to tell them to stop (they probly just laugh in our face agin)
do I call the police
im very worried about this issue I have lost a lot of customer due to this lie they are spreading. please please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

This is not a criminal matter so the police cannot help.

This is a civil matter.

What you can do is retain a lawyer to send them a letter demanding they cease and desist, provide you with a written retraction and formal apology, provide you a set amount of funds for loss of business that you determine is fair and provide a deadline for complying and threatening a lawsuit where you will then also seek an order for your costs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of lawyer do I need to get? and would you be able to help me find one that is not expensive on a very very tight budget as of the last few weeks due to loss of clients thank you so much for your help thank you
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You would need a lawyer that deals with landlord tenant matters.

You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.

The number is:

***-***-**** or 1.***-***-****.

Related Canada Law Questions