How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100975
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would be arriving in Canada on Intra-Company transfer visa

Customer Question

I would be arriving in Canada on Intra-Company transfer visa for one year. During that year I plan to marry my fiancee in Canada who would be visiting the country on a tourist visa.
Would she be able to apply for the dependent visa from Canada or she'll have to go back to India (Home Country) to apply for the dependent visa?
My fiancee has 8 year multiple entry Canadian tourist visa.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can apply to change your status and add her to your visa. This can be done while she is inside of Canada and she doesn't need to return to India.