How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a LPN in Nova Scotia. A year ago, I was fired from my

Customer Question

I am a LPN in Nova Scotia. A year ago, I was fired from my job and am in process with my union in abtributation for wrongful dismissal. We have a pretty clear case of winning abtributation. I have a neurological disorder (which has not progressed much in past ten years - Frederick's Ataxia). I am still very capable of doing my job but working night shifts interferes with taking my medication and working them causes me chronic fatigue. When I went to my employer and asked to be taken off night shifts ( and there were two her nurses willing to trade shifts with me) the employer said no. I was then terminated - no reason. I have never been written up or disciplined in my 12 years of nursing. The fear I now have is - I do have a prescription for medicinal marijuana for my appetite which expired over a year ago. I did try using this two years ago but found it didn't help me much. During our atributation, my ex-employer requested my medical records and my union said I had to provide them (even though it was against my better judgement). My fear now is can my ex-employer report me to my licensing board? Because if they do, my license will be suspended and I will no longer be able to work.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear this. What is your question exactly?

Related Canada Law Questions