How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100407
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a consent to voluntary forfeiture form purchase

Customer Question

I received a consent to voluntary forfeiture form for the purchase of prescription drugs in Canada, Quebec. Do I need to respond? If I don't what I expect?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

The facts don't add up. Do you mean that you ordered prescription medication online to be imported into Canada?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
following having ordered for prescription drugs online from another country, I have received a voluntary forfeiture consent formn from health canada stating that my shipment of drugs was seized. It states that the shipment violates section c.01.045 of the Food and Drug Regs. It states that I have 60 days to sign a voluntary forfeiture consent. Can I ignore this? It would seem that if the 60 days are surpassed, my consent to forfeit these products will be assumed (which I don't fully understand)
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

They will not allow the drugs into Canada as they don't know the quality of the drugs and whether they meet our standards. So they are asking you to sign that you are accepting the fact that you cannot have the drugs and are not going to fight for them.

If you don't sign the document they are going to assume you agreed to the forfeiture.

Related Canada Law Questions