Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I submitted via registered mail needed documents to

Customer Question

I submitted via registered mail needed documents to immigration Canada on April 13/2015 which they received and signed on April 15/ 2015. On October 3/2015 I received a email that they had not received the said documents and I had to at the end of my contract go home.
I contacted immigration Canada and they said to resubmit the documents and proof we sent the documents with a Canada post tracking number which I did. These second sending of the documents was also sent registered ,delivered and signed as received on October 6/2015.
After calling them this morning October 19/2015 I was told I now have send a letter asking for reconsideration of my application for perminant residency.
I cannot what another 6 months for a response and secondly why can they not use the documents I just sent.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry this happened to you. They have made errors and it is harming you.

For this reason I suggest you have an immigration lawyer become involved and try and sort this out. When a lawyer becomes involved fear of being dragged into court often works.

You can contact the Law Society and use their LawyerReferral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and canconsult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-***-***-**** or
***-***-**** in Calgary