How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101443
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Brossard, Quebec I have a neighbor who built s

Customer Question

Hi There...I live in Brossard, Quebec
I have a neighbor who built his house 3 years after mine and his land is much lower than mine. He now wants me to build a wall on my land to as he is worried water will flow onto his land. Am I responsible for this even though his contractor may have made the house too low. being bult after mine , you would think the contractor would built same level as mine or even higher...any advise?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

No you are not responsible. You haven't done anything to cause him damages.

If his house was built to low that is not your fault of course and so if there is water damage is his fault and not yours.