How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was injured caring member in alberta, now permanently

Customer Question

i was injured caring for family member in alberta, now permanently disabled. what are my legal abilities to recuperate losses?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

How are you hurt? For example did you slip on something in their home that they negligently failed to maintain?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have incurred back& neck injuries all documented by medical investigations,bulging disc in neck,nerve root damage in lower back as well a 3 dsc bulges. she had severelly broken her leg jan 12 2014 was discharged 14th, with no care plan for discharge, nurse simply walked into room & asked who was taking her home! i with nursing back ground stepped upto the plate. provided 24hr day nursing care in ALL respects, did dressing changes which I paid for as well as driving to appts &parking she was provided raised toilet seat,shower chair & wheelchair. I asked for supports,from home care for protecting my back, IE transfer belts, back supports, respite help so I could sleep,was told that non of these were available for me i would have to pay for that myself!!! I knew my back was injured at the time so I set up home care,have spoke to ab health services many times & have been told without her consent to open file on injury i am with out any options for help in lost wages expenses incurred while there. Now I am disabled, unable to walk any distance care for my self, home & family, lost any enjoyement due to constant extreme pain. the list goes on & on. have been getting pain injections which are no longer working & it looks like probably surgery& inability to work or have same quality of life i once enjoyed. This has taken a terrible toll on my mental health as I am quite house bound. is there a way to sue somebody for the Real loss of My health?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello,are you there?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking about suing that family member?

Related Canada Law Questions