How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100373
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a stepson who is not making s payments that are due

Customer Question

I have a stepson who is not making his payments that are due to the mortgage that I had on my house when I sold the house the bank took the balance of mtg from the sale of the house and now my stepson is not making the payments to me as I am the person that he owes the money to. he is suppose to pay me so much a month till the debt is paid off is there any way to make him pay the money back
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What province is this please?

How much does he owe you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
province is british Columbia and my stepson owes me $18,150.28
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

What you can do is you, or a lawyer acting for you, can send him a letter providing him a deadline for paying you and threatening a lawsuit.

If you need to sue him it would be in small claims court and you can self represent. But, it may be a good idea to pay a lawyer to write the letter scare him into paying.

Does that help?

Related Canada Law Questions